The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Senior Continuous Improvement Manager to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP) in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop quality control measures on all project management process assigned and operated to the research program as per the project management framework developed by PMU for the Latin America project portfolio.
- In close cooperation with the Project Managers and Liaison Officer, implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas.
- Generate a learning cycle based on the outcome of the quality revision for improvement of the operation of the processes and their outcomes as per the project management framework developed by PMU for Latin America projects.
- Focus on systems and process improvement design and development generating the needed interface with the institutional functions.
- Ensure appropriate systems and process implementation in close coordination with the different support units in CIMMYT.
- Monitor and report on a bird´s-eye view perspective on utilization of budget and commitments to facilitate informed decision making of the regional representative.
- Monitor and report on a bird´s-eye view perspective on technical progress of the project portfolio against the strategy (CIMMYT strategy and CRP’s) to facilitate informed decision making of the regional representative.
- Monitor the effective and efficient use of internal and external resources and develop improvement plans together with the unit heads as required.
- Monitor and evaluate human and financial aspects of performance and facilitate performance management and appraisals indicators for project management and operation related activities of the program in Latin America.
- Execute activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Project Management or similar fields.
- Minimum 8 years’ progressive experience in a corporate & non-profit environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management and budget management process auditing.
- ERP experience and knowledge of Project Management Software (e.g., MS Project).
- PMP Certification (or similar).
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking and Teamwork.
- The candidate should demonstrate the following Managerial competencies: Change Management, Collaboration and Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16262 Senior Continuous Improvement Manager. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.