The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Security Analyst to work in the Risk Management Unit (RMU), in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Implement and manage security activities at the locations where MasAgro team develop research activities, in coordination with the administration members of the project.
- Attend and provide follow up to the emergency calls coming from MasAgro team in any national location (Offices, Hubs, Research Platforms, Modules and Plots).
- Prepare, maintain and update the emergency local contacts directory in each region where the staff members have activities and maintain effective communication and relation with these focal points to receive assistance if required.
- Elaborate reports regarding the tracking of the emergency calls.
- Monitor the safety situation in the country states where the staff is operating and provide security analysis about the information, in order to identify trends and predict specific conditions that could affect personnel security and local assets.
- Develop analysis of Hotel security and other services in the country to identify the most appropriate ones and advise the MasAgro team about the services they can use, insuring their safety and protection.
- Elaborate analyses and incidents reports of the MasAgro team, to be presented to the Risk Management Unit (RMU).
- Monitor the Global Positioning Systems of the program’s vehicles, deliver reports and maintain contact with the users of these vehicles in case the panic button is triggered.
- Coordinate the Training for Safety for the MasAgro team in coordination with the RMU.
- Prepare and maintain updated databases of safe freeways, roads and routes and with information of those with more safety incidents in order to provide advice about security measures that personnel in ground transportation should take into consideration.
- Maintain information via email about the safety alerts, restrictions, actions and recommendations that could affect the operation, including those events identified and reportedly locally by the team.
- Execute activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or similar fields.
- Minimum 4 years of experience analyzing security information.
- Experience in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16266 Security Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 16 December 2016. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.