The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professionals for the position of Project Coordinator depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA).
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) Delhi.
- Facilitate the project team in identification, prioritization and development of portfolios of climate smart interventions based on farming systems in different agro-ecological zones of India.
- Facilitate local partners and form partnerships among a wide range of public and private organizations, farmers, educational and research institutions to design and implementation of wide range of Climate Smart Agricultural (CSA) practices, technologies and services in the project locations.
- Contribute in developing and improving local training materials, Climate Smart Village (CSV) implementation guidelines and approaches for implementing CSA in coordination/collaboration with governmental organization, local NGOs, farmers and the private sector.
- Monitor activities and develop strategies and methods to qualify the impacts of climate smart agricultural technologies in the project areas.
- Coordinate technical support and field activities assigned to the project areas.
- Develop a record and report the performed tasks and achieved results.
- Be responsible for administration, budgets, financial transactions etc. in the project areas supported by an Administrative Assistant and in liaison with the Project Coordinator.
- Write report on development of climate smart villages, impact of CSA interventions and evaluation of different models of CSVs.
- Contribute into the other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Master Degree or Ph.D. in Agriculture (e.g. Crop Science, Water management or equivalent Technical degree requiring 4 or more years study.
- 5 years of field experience after the professional degree or 3 years at a similar position – requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline.
- Advanced knowledge on project management and M&E activities.
- Knowledge on climate change, climate smart agriculture and adaptation/mitigation is plus.
- Basic managerial competence.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV no later than Tuesday, 28 February, 2017 to Human Resources, CIMMYT-BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference: IN17112 Project Coordinator in the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT/BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.