The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Program Coordinator to work in the Business Services Department of the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in CIMMYT. The Program Coordinator will ensure a good relation and cooperation of all the units of the Business Services Department and Regional Offices.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist the Head of Department related to the Directorate of Business Services with all administrative tasks.
- Contribute actively to all major initiatives of the Business Services Directorate.
- Coordinate the response and follow up of all internal audit recommendations related to the services of the Business Services and Regional Offices.
- Ensure an efficient and effective communication with the Internal Audit Unit on the follow up of all audit issues for the services of the Business Services and Regional Offices.
- Coordinate with Finance and HR on the follow up of internal audit issues.
- Assist the Head of Departments of the Business Services Directorate with financial analysis, budget follow up, analysis of cross-charging systems, process improvement and activity reports.
- Prepare the Business Services monthly activity report and obtain the contribution of all units for relevant information.
- Monitor KPI and dash board information for all the units of the Business Services Department as well as for the Regional Offices and make variance analysis.
- Manage all information related to the activity of the Regional Offices (CCMC report, RO monthly report, travel reports, etc.).
- Work with Knowledge Management Unit to ensure an adequate exchange of information on Inside CIMMYT.
- Closely co-operate with the managers of other departments, particularly Finance and HR.
- Coordinate the statutory Regional Offices meetings and prepare minutes of meeting.
- Coordinate the Business Services monthly meeting and prepare minutes of meeting.
- Prepare presentations, analysis and reports in preparation for the Board meetings, the MC meeting and the Corporate Services meetings.
- Review all administrative requests for approval of the Director of Business Services before process them.
- Prepare and manage budget of the Business Services Director’s Office.
- Coordinate the preparation of the yearly work plan of the Business Services units as well as the Regional Offices.
- Support/advise the Director of Business Services in managerial decisions regarding: Staffing, Budget, CAPEX and Organization, procedures and reporting.
- Analytical accounting:
- Monitor, review and analyze the application of allocation keys for the proper charging of the costs to the projects or to the on-cost.
- Propose modification when needed and maximize the recuperation of the cost in order to minimize the impact on the institutional results.
- Identify units unable to achieve full cost recovery and propose corrective measures.
- Human resource management:
- Ensure timely recruitment and contract renewals of the Business Services staff members including consultants.
- Ensure Business Services staff members are aware when and how to conduct staff evaluations.
- Approve travel of Business Services staff members.
- Ensure appropriate induction of new Business Services staff members.
- Ensure follow up on Business Services staff members’ professional development as per staff development plan.
- Work on the standardization of TOR for the personnel of the Corporate Services in the Regional Offices.
- Work on the standardization of organization charts of the Regional Offices.
- Prepare and propose the training plan for the staff swap between Regional Offices and the support units in HQ.
- Record, monitor and expedite all administrative requests made by units of the Business Services Department to other support departments of CIMMYT. Report any undue delay in delivery and flag for troubleshooting by the Head of units or the Director of Business Services. Keep a repository of all contracts and agreements related to Business Services. Propose template based on previous agreement to expedite process when possible.
- Execute activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Project Management or similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar role with progressive experience and knowledge in finance or analytical accounting.
- User Expert level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Relationship Management, Problem Solving, Flexibility/Adaptability, Time Management, Innovation and Creativity, Customer Orientation and Multicultural Awareness/Sensitivity.
- In addition, the selected candidate must exhibit the following managerial competencies: Change Management, Collaboration, Relationship with External Stakeholders and Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17114 Program Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 8 February 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.