The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated candidate for the position of Knowledge Systems Engagement Officer. This position has a critical role in enhancing the impact of the Knowledge Management Unit’s outputs by promoting new and existing systems and services across CIMMYT. The position reports to the Head of Knowledge Management, and is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. The job may involve travel within Mexico and to regional offices.
- Act as key contact for Knowledge Management products promotion.
- Promote and train staff in Knowledge Management systems, platforms and services.
- Collect and prioritize user feedback, concerns and needs, and feed-back to the developer team.
- Categorize/analyze content and its usefulness for various audiences and use it to develop a content management and engagement strategy for various KM products and platforms.
- Develop proposals for successful out scaling and/or upscaling of products and services.
- Provide guidance to users in relation to analytics, search engine optimization and usability approaches.
- Operate web-based systems and platforms.
- Design and implement strategies for updating content presented in the CIMMYT Museum and its exchange with regional offices and external audiences.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in a relevant area, including: Knowledge Management or related field (Education, Communication, Marketing, Business Administration) with a strong web-based systems focus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Curious attitude towards information and communication technologies and ability to reach a good command of them quickly.
- Active user of social media channels to engage audiences.
- Digital archives, approaches to data and knowledge management including maturity models, trends, processes, and best practices.
- Undertaking and successfully information management change programs.
- SharePoint type knowledge systems, social tools, and the online environment. Curious attitude towards information and communication technologies and ability to reach a good command of them quickly.
- Website content production, curation and development, and effective use of visuals and related software.
- Developing educational material, desirable in a research environment.
- Digital systems monitoring and evaluation, including good knowledge of web statistics analysis/reporting.
- Excellent Written and spoken English proficiency
- Superior organizational skills.
- Advanced Project Management.
- Customer orientation.
- Networking and engagement as well as Relationship Management.
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Multi-Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity
- Strategic Thinking.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply here for 16846 Knowledge Systems Engagement Officer.
Screening and follow up of applications will begin on January 8th 2017. Incomplete applications (CV and Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Enrique Martinez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.