The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Global Recruitment and Training Manager to work in the Human Resources Unit in the Corporate Services Program. Reporting to the Global HR Development Manager, the Global Recruitment and Training Manager is a customer-focused, analytical and results-oriented professional, with cross-organizational responsibility for in-house and externally-engaged Recruitment and Training activities, including the coordination of effective communications across CIMMYT to support these activities.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
Specific tasks responsibilities of this position include:
- Engage with managers at all levels of the organization in development planning, to align talent recruitment, skills, experience expertise, and diversity initiatives with CIMMYT’s strategy:
- Partner with managers to support development and implementation of recruitment solutions to enhance CIMMYT’s organizational and personnel capabilities;
- Diagnose talent and organizational needs and opportunities, supporting the Units in preparing their Staffing plans; and
- Lead, design, develop, pilot, implement and monitor talent approaches, actions, policies and processes.
- Facilitate the identification, development, and retention of key talent through appropriate action and processes, and supervise recruiters to meet Key Performance Indicators in:
- Recruitment marketing planning (to include social media, traditional, and University and non-profit referral sources);
- Selection and management of third party sourcing activities;
- Position description guidance and drafting;
- Screening, interviews, and offer tracking for posted positions; and
- Local and international staffing best practices for: offer, background investigation, interview, travel/transportation, and support the on-boarding processes.
- Support the Compensation and Benefits team in Career management initiatives (succession plans, career paths, coaching, talent management, etc.).
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Develop global training approach for research/science and administrative personnel: coordinate, structure, plan and implement Management-approved global training initiatives;
- Lead training program development for headquarter and global/regional teams;
- Establish and manage budget for the institutional trainings and support the Programs in coordinating the management of the technical training budgets;
- Select and train regional training leads and other global training support personnel;
- Review Units’ Individual Performance Review summaries and combine with training survey data to define training courses and user groups for curriculum assignments;
- Establish goals for learning outcomes and report progress against defined goals;
- Report periodically on training progress and achievement of established training objectives;
- Identify, select, and manage external training providers; and
- Review training plans to ensure compliance with local laws in global locations.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- M.A. in International HR Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience in a global environment, preferably in HR development or organizational development and training.
- High level of intercultural awareness with international experience in HR, working in different countries and having been exposed to various cultures.
- Outstanding negotiation and closing skills, and strong listening skills.
- Knowledge and experience of sourcing using LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social networking tools to attract talent is essential.
- Excellent computer skills, advanced use of MS Office, and experience with recruitment software and/or applicant tracking system.
- Experience working for NGO’s.
- Proficiency in English. English will be tested and must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Considered candidates should have the necessary legal documents to live and work in Mexico.
- The selected candidate must have the following competencies: Teamwork, Achievement Orientation, Innovation and Creativity, Strategic Thinking and Relationship Management.
- In addition, the candidate must exhibit the following managerial competencies: Change Management, Relationship with External Stakeholders and People Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16289 Global Recruitment and Training Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 5 January 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.