The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Finance Unit of the Corporate Service Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Collect bills and tickets to create the necessary journals in MS Dynamics software.
- Help in the process of reimbursements of: tolls, gasoline and parking; special reimbursements regarding meetings in Mexico City and prepare expenses report journals of corporate credit cards.
- Control Social Service personnel in the following duties: collect their contracts, create personnel files and update them during their training in CIMMYT, check schedules and payments, prepare the necessary documentation to justify and complement the monthly payment journals.
- Update the finance meeting room control.
- Arrange and file accounting statements.
- Create tickets in the TORS Ticketing System to request support as needed (facilities, drivers, housing, legal, HR, etc.) and make warehouse requisitions for office supplies.
- Participate in the digitalization of documents as required by managers, staff and direct supervisor.
- Distribute finance documentation to other areas or units.
- Create and arrange different binders according to finance filing requirements.
- Support the projects area in the following duties: Identify bills, scan documentation, provide support for audits.
- Check meeting rooms before being used, to assure the meeting room is in correct order and available to receive attendants.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, word and Power Point test is going to be applied).
- Basic User Level A2 in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Multicultural Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-Activity and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17115 Finance Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 17 February 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.