The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT has been working in Afghanistan for about fourteen years and is working for the ultimate benefit of Afghan farmers to sustainably increase production and productivity of Wheat and Maize in Afghanistan.
CIMMYT seeks a dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Field Research Technician to work in the Global Wheat Program.
The selected candidate will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Support Project Leader to facilitate informed decision making and effective project management.
- Proposals and Reporting:
- Draft, consolidate and edit new proposals and technical reports in collaboration with team members.
- Follow up on and summarize reports from Project Members for project presentations by the Project Leader.
- Collect M&E information from Project Members.
- Budget & HR Management:
- Ensure appropriate project budget upload and revision, based on workplan.
- Extract project budget on a monthly basis and provide feedback to project leader; review transactions and spot problems.
- Obtain PL’s review and endorsement for capital purchases.
- Monitor transactions for appropriate charging.
- Adjust budgets between project members for effective use of resources.
- Assist in procurement and management of project assets, inventory and other resources.
- Research Management System:
- Manage directory structure and Project documentation in the RMS.
- Manage Project details in the RMS; inform other units in case they change.
- Assist Project Leader and Members in developing and uploading Project Schedule and Project Member’s workplan.
- Assist Project Members in the SMART formulation of Deliverables and Outputs.
- Advise Project members how to upload data and information in the RMS.
- Manage access privileges in consultation with Project Leader and Program Director.
- Assist Project Leader in closing out projects including knowledge capture and lessons learned.
- Organize Project workshops, develop minutes, reports or conclusions, and follow-up on decisions related to Project.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- BSc Agriculture/Diploma in Agriculture (from Recognized Universities).
- Knowledge of computer application and accounting.
- English Language skills.
- Business or Public Administration or Project Management.
- Experience in the management of agricultural R&D projects.
The duration of the position is only up to December 2017. Possibility of extension exists. First three months’ probation.
Note: All applicants must not have any criminal record and must not have faced any type of legal/police action in past. Not disclosing any relevant information or submitting information will lead to immediate disqualification / termination.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV no later than Friday, 24 February 2017 to: email@example.com Please indicate position reference number: A17112 in the header of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer.