The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Executive Assistant to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assemble materials or reports for distribution where the information may be gathered from several sources or may be difficult to organize or compile.
- Manage the Latin America Representative’s inbox by screening all incoming mail, determining how best to route certain questions and inquiries and responding to selected messages.
- Organize and maintain efficient filing system for the Latin America Representative’s office, including subject, index, and/or cross-reference files.
- Respond to routine requests, incoming calls, and translate documents and correspondence as needed, referring to other sources for detailed information.
- Ensure that follow-up of action items agreed during the meetings or specific objectives pertaining to the Latin America representative are accomplished in coordination with the Projects Coordinator and Liaison Officer.
- Maintain the Latin America Representative’s calendar, setting appointments and briefing him daily on the schedule.
- Arrange travels and logistics, including but not limited to the purchase of airline tickets, hotel reservations, creation and maintenance of the schedule for all trips, and renewal of visas and passport.
- Provide support to the Latin America Representative during meetings.
- Control the Latin America Representative’s official expenses, ensuring timely payment of all invoices and credit card.
- Maintain databases for the Latin America Representative, including entering new contacts and updating current ones.
- Prepare, edit, format and scan documents as needed and compile required signatures for various documents as requested.
- Coordinate high level meetings, including book rooms, catering, putting together board packets, and contacting mailing each member in advance of the meeting.
- Ensure that accurate minutes of meetings are taken, approved and maintained in corporate records and made available when required.
- Organize local and international teleconference and WebEx conferences as required and coordinate the preparation and mailing of meeting documentation duly in advance.
- Facilitate good working relations between staff in the conduct of daily activities.
- Maintain daily, usually 24/7, communication with the supervisor especially during travel to manage scheduling, emergencies, logistics, and support.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality about the supervisor’s correspondence, negotiations and sensitive issues.
- Support the public relations and donor management efforts of the supervisor by becoming a relationship manager with staff, donors and other institutions (keep an updated birthday calendar and special / important dates).
- Support prioritization of tasks and change management in the team.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- BA/BS degree in Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Basic supervisory skills or experience.
- At least 6 years after Bachelor degree or equivalent or 6 years of work experience after secondary education – Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function preferably in an international organization.
- Excellent bilingual skills (English/Spanish), including presentation skills. English will be tested and candidate should score C1 as per CEFR.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced internet skills.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem solving, Time management, Flexibility and adaptability, Change management, Achievement orientation, Decision making, Relationship with external stakeholders, and Multicultural awareness sensitivity.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to translate regular documents excluding legal, financial, or highly technical ones.
- Adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16148 Executive Assistant. Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the qualifications, skills, and attitudes stated above. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico. This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.