The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is looking for a highly motivated individual with outstanding project management and administration skills to support the implementation of the Excellence in Breeding Platform (www.excellenceinbreeding.org) as Platform Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will support the development of this new initiative into a world-leading cross-commodity Platform that supports the modernization of breeding programs targeting low- and mid-income countries for greater impact on food and nutrition security, climate change adaptation and development. The Platform will draw from innovations in CGIAR centers, advanced research institutes and the private sector, and provide access to cutting-edge tools, services and best practices, application-oriented training and practical advice.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus in Texcoco (located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico).
- Support Platform Leader in the administrative and team/user- interactive aspects of Platform implementation, monitor progress and identify areas for improvements, lessons and gaps.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Platform’s results-based management-framework and communication strategy, and/or other components of the Platform’s strategy in line with your areas of expertise.
- Coordinate templates, systems and processes to collect, collate, review and disseminate the Platform’s annual and multi-year strategies, associated workplans, budgets, reports and any other Platform relevant information.
- Manage contracts with members, consultants, service providers and external Module Leaders. Monitor and follow-up on the timely delivery of milestones and other contract obligations, and solicit payments.
- Liaise with CIMMYT’s Finance Office to maintain and update documentation of partner payments, partner payment approvals, and monitor budget burn rates of Platform activities.
- Organize agenda, logistics, minutes and follow-ups of virtual and face-to-face meetings with the Platform Steering Committee, Module Leaders, Expert Advisory Groups, and implementers.
- Organize agenda and logistics of training events and other meetings.
- Support internal and external reviews and evaluations.
- Update material on the Platform’s web interface and follow-up with Communications on the design and editing of the Platform publications.
- Actively participate in CIMMYT-wide Program and Project Management Working Group to compare, define, and implement best practices.
- Conduct any other assignments related to Platform administration, as may be required.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master degree from a well-recognized university in Communication, International Development, Business Administration or similar field with certification in Project Management (PMI or similar).
- Experience in:
- A multi-project work environment for more than 5 years, part of that in an international environment.
- Developing and implementing budgets, work plans, monitoring plans, and reports.
- Establishing and implementing user-friendly tools, templates, systems and processes for collecting, analyzing, reviewing and disseminating project-related information.
- An academic or applied research organization is a plus
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in various office software and web 2.0 technologies.
- Interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple and complex tasks effectively.
- Ability to travel occasionally to international meetings.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply here for 16843 Platform Administrative Officer. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Monday, 12th December 2016. Incomplete applications (CV, Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualifications, skills, and competencies stated above providing clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how the experience was gained. For further information on the selection process, please contact Enrique Martinez, at email@example.com.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.