The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professionals for the position of Communication Professional depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA).
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) Delhi.
Developing Communication Content
- Developing communication products (web and print):
- Content development, management and curation for CCAFS South Asia website and social media channels;
- Develop print and web-based research program outputs based on project reports (e.g. project summaries, policy briefs, outcome stories, blogs etc.)
- Write, produce, and disseminate regular e-newsletters to new and existing CCAFS’s partners and stakeholders in South Asia and beyond;
- Development (including design and content) and dissemination of CCAFS’s promotional materials (e.g. annual report, brochures, etc.);
- Coordinate with communications and knowledge management staff from CCAFS and its partner organizations to ensure appropriate recording and reporting of research products generated under the CCAFS program in South Asia.
Communication Support to Researcher and Project Managers
- Editing of reports and peer-reviewed publications.
- Support to graphical illustration of research findings.
- Collect and analyze web, social media, and other statistics to provide support for strategic decisions.
Communications around events and conferences
- Promote important CCAFS’s events by writing and coordinating outreach products (e.g. op-eds and blogs).
- Participate in conferences and other events and synthesize key messages and communiques.
- Work with media and other communication specialists from partner organizations.
Coordinate and liaison
- Work closely with CCAFS’s communications unit, communication or research staff from other participating CGIAR Centers, and external partners.
- Any other duty as necessary.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International Development, or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in communications or development, preferably for an international organization working in developing countries.
- Ability to communicate complex research results in a concise and engaging fashion.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks; keen attention to detail.
- Conversant in social media platforms and social networking tools.
- Ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the region and internationally.
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International Development, or related field.
- Experience in agriculture and developmental field highly desirable.
- International experience, especially in South Asia.
- Linkages to wider communication and action networks.
- Preferred knowledge about and/or previous experience with CGIAR Centers or Research Programs.
- Some desktop publishing software knowledge (e.g. Adobe suite).
- Good copyediting skills.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV no later than Tuesday, 28 February, 2017 to Human Resources, CIMMYT-BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference: IN17111 Communication Professional in the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT/BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.