The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Internal Audit Unit (IAU) in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support to the supervisor in the performance of their functions, through translation of documents, handling correspondence, preparation of documents, travel arrangements, verification of expenses, attention to visitors, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations, according to the instructions of supervisor.
- Provide administrative support to the staff within the program.
- Perform the registration in the accounting system of payment requests, expense reports, purchase orders, vouchers store, and records of special projects, and perform the dispersion of costs in the appropriate accounts.
- Provide logistical support to visitors to the Unit, on issues such as housing, transportation, reservations, tickets, tours, etc.
- Keep a check on vehicles assigned to the program in areas such as: maintenance requirements, fuel consumption, and assignment to users, change of sheets, and other information of interest to the Unit.
- Maintain control and monitoring of IAU filing room and contracts and benefits of international and national staff of the Unit.
- Assist IAU Management in the execution of specific activities regarding operational, financial and/or compliance audits or advisory reviews.
- Support in the preparation and follow-up with management of the implementation of prior audit action plans.
- Investigate all significant financial budget variances that are identified by Program Finance Manager and present results to supervisor for review and approval.
- Maintain respectful and effective communications and relationships with management and staff of areas under review.
- Pursue approved continuing professional education programs in order to remain up-to-date in the audit profession.
- Assist in program functions as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar fields or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem-Solving, Teamwork, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Sensitivity and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16277 Administrative Assistant – Internal Audit. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 21 December 2016. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.